[Maul of America] Maybe It's the Thinner Air

  • From: GCCR <robustoman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maulofamerica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

First their uniforms look like what a minor league team would wear.
Now, the on-line ticket sales site for the Colorado Rockies
crashes.What kind of half-ass operation is this???
BTW, Rockies in 5 (hee hee)

From Yahoo Sports:

Rockies suspend World Series ticket sales after computer crash

DENVER (AP) -- The Colorado Rockies suspended World Series ticket sales
Monday after overwhelming demand crashed their computer system.

"Right now we're shutting the system down," club spokesman Jay Alves
announced outside Coors Field, drawing boos from fans. "We expect to be
online at some point."

"We're as frustrated and disappointed as they are," Alves said. Alves
had said last week that the Rockies were prepared for any computer
problems.

On Monday, there were 8.5 million attempts to connect with the
computers in the first 90 minutes after sales started, he said, and
only several hundred tickets had been sold before the system had to be
shut down...(more)

--
Posted By GCCR to Maul of America at 10/22/2007 03:45:00 PM