[macvoiceover] windows xp and bootcamp

  • From: william <wonka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 19:45:33 +0100

hello all,
I have just red the different posts about this topic but I have still some questions:

I have now vmware fusion 2.5 and window eyes with windows xp and this workswell except the speed.
It works good in explorer but it works very slow in ms office.
I have 2GB ram in my macbook and about 1500 MB is reserved for windows but this is still very slow.
Is this to less of memory?

I like windows on a virtual machine because you can easilly backup a whole installation and so, I have always a working system.

But, When I should chose for bootkamp:
- can I Make my self (as blind user) a file to install win xp automatically?
- can I mount the windows partition from inside my mac?

- can I make myself the right partitiontable to install windows?
- what about re-installing windows or mac without destroying the other os?
(problems wit bootrecords)

So, how flexible is a blind user to manage the whole computer with 2 os on it.

I have still leopard but I will soon upgrade to snow leopard.

thanx a lot for your suggestions

best regards,
William Windels