[macvoiceover] windows on the Mac

  • From: "Ginny" <ginnyo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 06:40:46 -0500

Hi there.  I know many of you guys run Windows on your Macs.  I've been
doing this, too, for about a month now, and I have a few questions for
anyone who is willing to answer.  By the way, I have a Macbook with Leopard
and run windows xp via bootcamp.

1.      In the last few days, Jaws has started stuttering as if the system
is sluggish-but I don't have lots of programs installed or running on the
system at once.  Is it OK for me to use system tools like disk clean-up or
defragmenter to see if I could fix this problem?  Or could I run some type
of external "clean-up" software, or would this be dangerous since I'm
sharing space with another OS.  (does that even make sense?)
2.      2.  My airport can still connect to my secured wireless network, but
my Windows cannot.  It can connect to other networks-just not
security-enabled ones.  I get an error about "the network might have been
removed.  Hit refresh.) or something like that.  Has anyone else had this
issue?  To that end, is there a way to turn off the wireless feature when in
windows since it's actually using the airport?

3.      I'm sure this is a silly question, but is there a way to move files
into Mac folders while running Windows or vice versa?  When I have Windows
running, I can't seem to find my Mac files (such as music) anywhere.I can't
get to the other drive.  (Sorry; I know just enough to get myself in lots of
trouble.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ginny