[macvoiceover] Re: vo clicks for secure data fields in snow leopard:

  • From: david poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:58:54 -0400

sounds more like combination lock tumblers to me.

On Aug 31, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

I really like the new clicks. Showing my age a bit, I used to love the sound and feel of my IBM Selectric typewriter and, later, the original IBM PC At keyboard which felt like it was punching you as each key popped back up, clacked like an SOB and was heavy enough to use as a weapon if the occasion called for such.

cdh
On Aug 31, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Dann wrote:

Hello,
It works just fine. Anywhere you need to type secure items like passwords, the little click is really nifty. This also works for logging into different accounts on your Mac. Something else I've noticed in several web sites. If you tab through forms, you will hear the field's label followed by "edit" I've found at least 7 sites that this works on.
Dan
On Aug 31, 2009, at 7:47 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

All;

I thought I'd posted this so if I have, please disregard.

In leopard, typing in secure data fields like password entry fields was silent. in snow leopard, each character input produces a click that is quite distinctive from the other sounds you hear in the environment.