[macvoiceover] sorry...regarding ipod, audible, and other things

  • From: "Ginny" <ginnyo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:26:05 -0500

Very sorry.  I hit the wrong combination of keys.  At any rate, I'm
attempting to discover why my ipod is no longer playing audible books, and I
wanted to see if the way I am adding music to it might have something to do
with the problem.  Also, when I prepare to disconnect my ipod, I hit
"eject," but when I unplug the ipod I still get a message about the device
being disconnected improperly.  Do I need to go into finder to disconnect
the ipod?

OK, here are my steps for adding music to my ipod:

1.      Creat a new playlist in itunes.
2.      2.  Select all songs, movies, and books that I want on my ipod and
add them to the newly-created playlist.
3.      3.  Under preferences and sync-ing, I uncheck the option to have
ipods automatically sync to my itunes.
4.      4.  I go to the ipod options and select the "songs" tab.  I check to
have only selected songs and playlists added to my ipod.  Then I go and
check the newly-created playlist.
5.      5.  All the songs in that playlist are then added to the ipod and
none of the books.
6.      Anyhow, this might not make a difference, but if there's another way
to add content to my ipod, please let me know.
7.      It seems that when I sync my entire library, audible books are being
added just fine, but I don't want my entire itunes library on the ipod.
<grin>
8.      Thanks in advance for your help.
9.      G