[macvoiceover] Re: mail crashing

  • From: Keith Reedy <g3tiger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:33:34 -0500

Russell,

You are getting to be quite a problem solver, good catch. Sounds like a focus issue which maybe fixed by routing your mouse. And it may depend on how you have set your mouse in navigation, weather to follow VO, ignore VO, or, move VO to the mouse. Just a couple of guesses, but, a place to start.

And please report it.

I have set mine back to ignore the Voiceover cursor.

Keith Reedy
On Nov 22, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi again Marcy & all,

I once again tried to create a second signature, but this time, instead of pressing VO right arrow to move through the choices, I pressed VO left arrow and sort of went through the various choices in a backward way, sometimes pressing shift tab, and was able to create a second signature without the crash... very strange behaviour! <smiles>

Russell
Russell Solowoniuk
rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx

On 2009-11-22, at 10:08 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi Marcy & all,

I just tried creating a signature, with the following results:

1. I was able to create a signature with no crash. I didn't have any signature set up, so this was my first one.

2. When I went back into preferences and signatures, and tried to create a second signature, Mail crashed, and does so every time I try to create a second signature... very odd!

Thanks Marcy for finding this apparent bug!

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx

On 2009-11-22, at 8:19 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Then try it now and let us know, okay?  Marcy
On Nov 22, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

I have tried it in SL, but, its one of those things I don't try with each update, grin, smile.

Keith Reedy
On Nov 22, 2009, at 6:41 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, Keith,
Have you tried it in sl, or since the latest update?  Marcy
On Nov 21, 2009, at 11:02 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Well, not today, my hands have been unusually busy for a Saturday.

Keith Reedy
On Nov 21, 2009, at 9:14 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, Keith,
I take it you tested this out again today?  Marcy
On Nov 21, 2009, at 9:08 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Marcy,

I have never had this happen, hmmm.

Do you have the instructions that Cheryl sent out.

Keith Reedy
On Nov 21, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, all!
I tried to create a signature in mail earlier. I was able to choose the email client in the signatures table, and hit the new signature button. I named the signature in the edit field, but when I stopped interacting, which was necessary, and used vo to get to the next thing to do, mail crashed. This happened every time I tried, and I chose to send a report to Apple.
Has anyone else experienced this?  Marcy>