[macvoiceover] Re: lots of questions from a lurker

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:52:49 -0700

Hi Mary,

I've been using the Mac now for just over 4 months, and Snow Leopard for about
two months.

I love email on the Mac... it's quite easy to use and you will be able to
efficiently get through tons of email once you get used to it.

I'm not at all impressed with any of the word processing solutions on the Mac.
I use a windows machine at work, and have not yet found a way to work with most
documents I bring home from work.  Tables are especially problematic.  I use an
agenda created in MS word which has a table with various meeting roles and who
is fulfilling that particular role.  I've tried everything I could to make up
the agenda on the Mac, but always end up having to take the document to my
Windows machine to finish it.  If you just need to type text in a document and
not worry too much about the formatting, then the Mac Word processors are fine.
 Now, a caveat... this is my opinion only, based on my personal experience.
Your mileage may vary.

HTH

Russell