[macvoiceover] icloud and iphone5

  • From: William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:14:28 +0100

Hello,
From today, I have my iphone5 black 64GB.
I haven't played with it much but, it's much faster for shore than my iphone4.

I have some questions about moving the data from my iphone4 to my iphone5:
I had made a backup with iTunes to my air from my iphone4.
When I restore from there, programs like list recordr , with included records,
seems not available on my iPhone5.
Also, programs like Skype, Facebook , status report and some others, aren't
transferred, I think.

So, some questions:
1. wht's  the difference between a iCloud-backup and a backup on my macbook?
with itunes
2. should I have normally the saved data in a application (sandbox), when I do
a recovery from iCloud?
I mean: I can also re-install the missing apps but then, I will lose the data
from e.g. list-recorder, digit-eyes, usbdisc pro (explorer…
3. Can I restore my iphone5 from a backup on my macbook with iTunes from a
previous date?
I mean: without restoring my hole system from time-machine on a previous date,
can I have a earlier version of the backup of my iphone4?

any help would be greatly appreciated,

kind regards,
William Windels>