[macvoiceover] iPhone 4S keypad hidden, can't get back, help please!!

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:34:12 -0700

Hi everyone,

I was helping a friend who also has an iPhone 4S and uses VO.  When he tries to
make a phone call, and is prompted to enter 1 for billing info, 2 for technical
support etc. he is not able to find his numbers.

I guessed, correctly, that he had hidden his keypad.  I clicked on "Hide
keypad" on my phone to test this hypothesis, and found the same results he was
getting.  So, I thought that I would just be able to make another phone call,
click on "Show keypad" and all would be well, but, I was wrong.  There is no
actual "show keypad" button.  There is, however, a "keypad" button and when on
a call, if I press this button, the keypad does show.  The problem is that the
next time I want to make a phone call, the keypad is once again hidden, and I
have to hunt for the "keypad" button again.

How do we get thins back to the way they were, where the keypad is visible by
default?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Russell>