[macvoiceover] Re: iPod Nano Issue

  • From: Cara Quinn <caraquinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:20:08 -0800

Chris, did you try this procedure while turning the IPod on?… I.E. this should be done when the IPod first receives power. -And, as David has said, the first step should be setting the hold switch to 'hold' and then reseting it back to normal.

Then you'd press and hold the menu and select keys for about ten seconds or so, as you've done.

Have you also tried this while the IPod is connected to your Mac / PC? I ask as I'm wondering if the battery still has charge?… This obviously needs power to work.

One last thing to consider is this; have you set the language preference after you reset?… YOu'll obviously need to set it to English as you did when you first got it.

HTH…

Smiles,

CQ  :)
---
View my Online Portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

On Mar 4, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to synchronoze some Podcasts onto my Nano. For no reason I could figure out, some moved onto the Nano and of those, some included the spoken menus and others did not but did play the click so I could figure it out. I tried all sorts of things when a frien suggested that I reset my iPod. I followed the instructions, holding down the menu and the select buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds.

Now, the Nano makes no sounds at all and iTunes doesn't recognize it. I tried the reset routine a few more times with no luck. I've a silent iPod now.

Any suggestions?

cdh