[macvoiceover] Re: help pls, my macbook air is doing strange...

  • From: Richard Benoit <reb503@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:24:51 -0400

Hi,
Try using headphones.
On Oct 4, 2012, at 4:40 PM, William Windels <william.windels@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have strange problems with my macbook air:
> a 11-inch model from june 2012 with 10.8.2 installed on it.
>
> The problem happens when I take my air out of standby: op open the computer
> and I haven't sound but braille.
> Then, I do a restart of voiceover with several times command+f5 but with no
> results.
> After, I do a reboot and voiceover isn't starting at all.
> The only thing that works then is to reset all my vo-prefferences.
> But also, resetting this preferences isn't that simple if you don't have
> braille and/or sound.
> (the sound of my computer is working of course)
> my conclusions at this moment:
> It seems, the preferences-files become corrupt because of any strange reason?
>
> I am not shore but I think the lost of speech could happen also when I am in
> the recovery-module  so, it's not a problem of the install of my os but: a
> global driver problem, a hardware problem or a error in the os and the
> recovery-module?
>
> any comments on this are very appreciated,
>
> kind regards,
> William Windels>

> http://www.icanworkthisFrom ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx  Thu Oct  4 22:22:08 2012
        d=gmail.com; s 120113;
        h=from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:message-id:date
         :to:mime-version:x-mailer;
        bh=cGjXNB0SZABz/xQJyIqjA1TzawmpL/0wm5CR/D8f9i8=;
        b=LPOop27A+tiW8AIFAzqT4qaHwCVumLSJdyHlSYLv71BdkeegFnGrD7041ueuVkTgz+
         0WiuLpVxCPvfVq1PaRfzCQ0MIi3QtOC4s6Mciu4jeP3ni7bvCaxVUB4s2TSMgaq56obp
         Cn5CghonhZOBocvYxmCzt+37yimiq71qW3/C26FFUhy3jUcrbE0MiFWs6HA+/BCgJ5Iu
         SzuN3ef7ASRACvGB/6y/bQqnOI01mdBaG4bmZeWZJmKL6+maGUwwzQaaKUKy4KMtE8nv
         SOq1e7Lu0ZeYjj41lB+I7jxda9BN6JT3yS+0LeIVOxTOGdKfTkf0FU/EPhGBz5Aa+Lvg
         47CQ=Received: by 10.66.81.66 with SMTP id
y2mr17738903pax.62.1349403726879;
        Thu, 04 Oct 2012 19:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [macvoiceover] Missing message body in iPhone Mail
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 19:22:10 -0700
To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helping a friend troubleshoot her email on an iPhone 4s using IOS 6. When she
flicks right through an email, there is no message body. It jumps right from
the message headers to the option to Mark Message.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the message body to be missing? Some
setting she inadvertantly activated?

Thanks,

Ian