[macvoiceover] Re: a note of thanks

  • From: "Cristina Afonso" <cristina.g.afonso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:27:29 +0100

   Hi dear Justin,

I'm Cristina Afonso from Portugal.
I'd like to congratulate you for your new position!
That is great! Thanks for sharing with us.
You know? I also would like to apply for a job in Apple but I'm afraid of doing it. I'm a singer/piano player and I normally use my computer on the stage to work. I was having lots of problems dealing with music on the pc, that I've decided to swich to the Mac. When I begun surching on the Mac, there was no information in portuguese at all about acssessibility or even about the existance of VoiceOver. I've contacted the stors that sell products for the blind and they all said that the Mac was not acssessible for the blind users. The normal stores didn't know about at all. It was on the internet that I found all the information, and on this list, of course! That's what I would like to change. I would like to work on the area of acssessibility, training blind Mac users, inform those who could be potential Mac users about Apple products, and train people who work in stors for them to be able to give information and assistance to a blind person who wants to buy a Mac. I also would like to help people to avoid spending more then 1000€ on a screen reader you know? That's why those who sell products for the blind don't want people to know that when they buy a Mac, they have a great screen reader included... Do you think I could give this project a try? I'm in love with Apple products now that I own a Macbook Pro, an iPod nano and I'm waiting for an iPad 2. Sorry forr the long post and for sharing this with you Justin. I just wanted an advise. Many many thanks for your help.

   All the best

   Cristina Afonso

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Mann" <w9fyi@xxxxxx>