[macvoiceover] Re: VMWare Fusion / Jaws / Windows XP

  • From: The BlindTechs Network <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 07:58:24 -0700

we've all ran in to this problem and as far as I know, no there isn't a work around.

The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (phoenix Arizona voice)
(206) 984-9484 (Fax Phone)
562-219-2309 (Los Angeles California voice)

On Feb 6, 2008, at 7:40 AM, Mitchell Smith wrote:

Greetings,

Sorry, it seems the point of my original email was entirely missed.

Yes I know I can use the desktop layout, either with a usb desktop keyboard, or just using the fn key, but that isn't the issue.

The issue is that I have always used the laptop layout which uses the capslock key as a modifier key, and for some reason the capslock key is not working in VMware as expected.

It turns capslock on, but it can't be held down in combination with another keystroke, possibly because of the way OSX is passing the capslock key through to the virtual machine.

I was enquiring if anyone had found a workaround for this specific issue.

Thanks,

Mitch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Kearney" <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>