[macvoiceover] Re: Using the iPhone for Face-to-face Communication

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 07:26:30 -0400

you'd probably have to use text messaging but yes, you can type and what you
type will appear on the refreshable braille display.  I guess you could use any
editting app ut I think there are character limits so you'd have to take that
into account.  this is a lot like using a computer to do the same thing.

On Jun 24, 2010, at 5:25 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:

I am deaf-blind. Would it be possible for me to use an iPhone and a
bluetooth braille display for face-to face communication? What I want is
for anything typed on the iPhone to show up on the braille display and
anything typed on the braille display to show up on the iPhone. I've
never actually seen an iPhone. Can a blind person type on it? If an
app for facee-to-face communication is needed, it should be simple to
create.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.