[macvoiceover] Re: Using more then one language on my mac

  • From: Michael Busboom <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 13:37:20 +0100

Dear Cristina,

I shouldn't be answering this note because I am quite sick with a nasty virus.
So, I will keep this short.

I am American, but I live in Austria, so I use German very frequently.  It is
very easy to switch between languages on the Mac. The various language choices
are in the Voice Attributes Rotor which is activated by typing VO plus Command,
along with the right or left arrow, depending on the attribute you wish to
change.  Since the Mac always keeps the language voice you used prior to the
current voice you are using, it is very easy to rapidly toggle between the two
languages or voices you have used.  Switching languages "on the fly, as it
were, is fast and easy.

Good luck,

Mike

 a V