[macvoiceover] Re: System has new system dialog--make it stop!!!

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 02:19:28 +0100

yeah that is growl alright. I had the same thing happen to me too. Go to system preferences, interact with scroll area and find growl. vo and space bar to open it. select applications on the tab and move over to the table and interact with it. you can check and uncheck the applications you want growl to work with.

hth

On May 16, 2009, at 2:02 AM, Mark Baxter wrote:

As it says. Every time an event happens--time is announced, any messenger, Mail, etc., Voiceover says "system has new dialog," or "System has new system dialog." Please, help me make it stop? I've checked in the VO utilities menu and attributes are not set to speak at all. Does this have to do with Growl?

Mark BurningHawk

Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
My home page: