[macvoiceover] Switching languages in VO

  • From: Alex de Jong <dejonga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:01:14 +0100

Hi, I'm a Dutch voiceover user: I do a lot of my business in English, and I
have set up Mac OS for an English interface, but a substantial number of
documents and emails are in Dutch. I use voiceover with the Alex Voice, and
I've also bought the Dutch Infovox voices. I want Alex to be my voice for
the OS and web pages and English language content, while I need Max to read
back dutch language emails and text. Up till now I go into VO prefs and
change around the languages, but it's a pain. I've also tried using Alex as
default and Max for content, but then, Max will also read parts of the OS.
There must be a better way. Is there a better way? Thanks, Alex