[macvoiceover] Re: Requesting help creating new groups with Address book in SL

  • From: Nicolai Svendsen <chojiro1990@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 14:04:15 +0200

Hi,

Yep, creating groups seems a bit odd to me. If you choose the Add popup button, and hit "Create new group" you will get a group that works for all three account types (local, CardDAV or Exchange Account). If you do Command-1 for Cards and Columns to select which type of group you want to create, you aren't able to see that and choose from the different group types. Also, entering a name doesn't seem to work. It should give you the opportunity to edit the name immediately when creating a group, but it doesn't seem to, and the rename option doesn't seem to do much of anything. I know what is supposed to happen because I looked through the help of that application when I got my own Snow Leopard, but it doesn't exactly seem to go that way at all.

Another thing worth mentioning is that apparently, the different groups are supposed to appear in the group column when you do Command-1, meaning you select the group from there and go to file > New Group.

If someone ever figures it out, I'd be glad to know. I think I've tried everything at this point.

Regards,
Nic
On Sep 19, 2009, at 11:38 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

It doesn't seem possible unless I'm missing something but I sure can delete them lol.

On Sep 18, 2009, at 9:58 PM, Brett Campbell wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new group in my address book for the first time using Snow Leopard. I can't seem to figure it out. When I select create new group, a group titled Unknown group appears in the groups table. I have selected rename group from the edit menu, but nothing seems to happen. I've hit enter and interacted with the Unknown group, but I can't change the name like a file or folder. In leopard, when creating a new group, a dialogue appeared with a edit box for the name along with an OK button. The funny thing is that It's now simple as can be to create a smart group in the address book. The problem here is that the smart groups aren't syncing to my iPhone with Mobile Me. I'm hoping someone can give this a try and point me in the correct direction

Thanks,

Brett