[macvoiceover] Re: Repairing permissions.

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 00:43:27 -0400

You are correct, re launching VO may have fixed things. When you get in to a problem like that, press escape this should take you out of most menus.

You are doing fine, it is easy to panic with something brand new to you, so just take a deep breath and think about it.

Keith Reedy
On Jul 2, 2008, at 12:29 AM, Sara wrote:

The first time I clicked on the expose app to see what it did and VO went nuts. I couldn't get it to work normally so I just shutdown. I wish I had tried command f5 twice to see if it would relaunch VO. The second time I was actually trying to shut it down. I pressed shutdown and got a system dialogue that I couldn't read because I had lost VO but the computer was still on. I am repairing the permissions as I write this and I hope this will fix all the weirdness.
I just hope repairing permissions doesn't crash the poor Mac, lol.
I am not having luck with computers today. lol
Sara