[macvoiceover] Question about IListen activation

  • From: "Chris Gilland Desktop" <clgilland07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:34:38 -0400

Sunflower

Hey yall.  Got a really odd question.  O, BTW, before I continue.  Thank you,
Mike, for helping me last night with Skype.  Turns out guys, I didn't realize
that to menipulate a folder, you highlight but you don't actually go in it, so,
escentially where I was going wrong, was I was openning the applications folder
before I paszted in the skype application.  That's why it wasn't working.  in
any rate... now with that out of the way.  The donater who'll be left unsaid,
who gave me this Mac, gave me a copy of IListen version 7.02, with the USB
dongle, and the one piece headset.  Well, my grandfather and I were going
through the manual with it, , well? we got it installed, that was no issue at
all.  That was a sinch.  the only thing now though is it pops up a dialog which
is barely readable with voice over.  Basicly you got a register online button,
you got an activate button, and a quit button.  they go in that order
specifically.  ok, now, here is the weird thing.  Yes I have my activation
code.  My grandfather read it to me, and I put it in a txt file, so that is
also no problem.  I have it.  Now, where the issue however is, is, when I vo to
one of those buttons, and click it, it says the name of the button, pressed.
OK, cool, well, not really.  See, at that point it just sits here and wants to
be a thing.  It won't go any further.  that dialog stays.  o, by the way?  The
activate button is dimmed.  o, and the register online button?  that is not
bring safari up or anything.  And even if it did, I don't know safari yet well
enough I really quite yet wanna tackle it.  I do but I think that's getting a
little harder than what now I wanna learn but, I may have no choice in this
case.  But again, if it won't even come up, then what.  The register online
button and the quit button are the only two that aren't dimmed.  The problem
is, even clicking the quit button doesn't work.  command+q won't do anything,
neither will command+w.  that dialog just seems to stay till I reboot.  Also,
the other thing is, that control option escape, I think it is, won't do a force
quit.  Just wondered if anyone's done this and gotten the thing activated and
if so, how the heck did you do it!  I must say, I'm kind a stumped.

This is r'r'really! bazaar.

Chris.

GIF image

JPEG image