[macvoiceover] Re: Question About NLS books on the Mac

  • From: Desi Noller <desiandcandy@xxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 21:51:46 -0700

Hi Dan,

Like you, I always put my books directly on my SD card.  Now I'm really
confused though, because with the one book that I did manage to copy from my
Mac to my SD card, I didn't do anything in particular but simply copy it.  I
was able to read the book on my Stream without any problem.  Before copying the
book over to my SD card though, I did expand the book folder which had
originally been collapsed.  Do you have any further thoughts on this?  How do
you unzip your NLS books before copying them to your SD card?  I was told by
someone on the Stream list that I would need an unzip utility for BookShare
books, but not for NLS books.  I hope you understand that I'm not arguing with
what you have said, just trying to understand the process!  :)

Desi