[macvoiceover] Re: Opera and VoiceOver?

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:33:53 -0500

On Apr 20, 2011, at 10:07 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

If you have fink installed, you can install lynx for use on the
terminal.

I didn't know anyone else was interested.
I've compiled lynx for osx, and will post it on my page later. It's a native version, so no fink or other libraries are necessary. Me personally, I can't stand either fink or macports, and I refuse to use them if I can make native versions for myself. It's really not that difficult to compile native versions, I honestly think the macports and fink guys are just being lazy, but that's a personal opinion, and shouldn't be taken as anything other than that. Folks work differently, and everyone uses what works best for them. I tried the whole macports thing, and it definitely didn't work for me, since it broke all kinds of things on my system, so I no longer use such devices for porting software, if I can't port to native osx, I simply don't use it. A bit hard nosed I know, but I would rather do without than allow my system to be hosed again.