[macvoiceover] Re: Network Issues

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:00:10 +0000

there is an easy way to do that too. Just go to the airport menu in the task menu and select join network and there's an option to make your preferred network your default.

just a tip

On 9 Mar 2009, at 22:05, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Thanks very much. I managed to figure it out by going into the system settings and actually eliminating some junk networks that got added while I was down on the beach. This is one area that I think Windows does very well - namely, if no prefered networks are in range, it will give you a list that includes the server's status (password protected, open, etc.). It would always automatically pick up anything in one's prefered network list if it's there and not run the user through a full set of the things a user needs to do to get through the network diagnostics that Safari dumps you into.

I also found that the help files on this matter are pretty lacking so I used the old trick of deleting all networks and starting over. Hence, the problem seems to be gone.

cdh

On Mar 9, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Hi, Chris,
Is your network in your preferred network list?
If so, you should be able to connect just fine without any issues.
I have never seen this issue before, since I am a new mac user, but you should've been able to connect to your network just fine if it is in your list of networks.
Hth,
Chantel. r