[macvoiceover] Re: Navigating the Web

  • From: Stephanie Mitchell <mumwith2kids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:53:24 +1100

I can't help but would love to see such a post myself. Right now I find surfing
the net extremely slow...
Steph
Ps the mac rocks in every other way. all  i neow now is some music notation
software so I can do my theory asignments and print them.
Steph

Sent: 29 December 2009 02:40
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] Navigating the Web

Hi All,

Several members of this list have indicated that they find navigating the
internet simpler with VoiceOver and the Mac...Coming from a Windows environment
and using JFW, I wonder if anybody would be so kind as to create a simple
tutorial that covers:

In JFW I would use quick keys to jump through content..."x" to go to the next
checkbox and "h" to go to the next heading.  I'm finding navigating through web
pages extremely cumbersome with VoiceOver and Safari.

Also, I am finding it difficult to edit text.  Is there a trick to knowing what
character will be deleted when I hit the delete key and where inserted text
might end up?  Sometimes the character I am on is deleted and sometimes the
character to the left.  I am never sure which will happen.

Thx,
Jeff