[macvoiceover] Re: Maybe OT: another scanning solution

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 19:36:27 -0600

The mac ports install is the OCR program. Once you have it and the GUI installed you should be ready to go. I have no idea about it running on a G4 but I see no reason why it would not work.

You may have to uninstall your scanner driver to get this to work.

Greg Kearney
Curtin University Centre for Accessible Technology
www.cucat.org

On Oct 8, 2008, at 7:23 PM, John Hess wrote:

Greg, can you give me a little help with this? I downloaded the gui and also installed macports. Where do I get the OCR software? Is it easy to install? I did a search for it and had problems finding the download. Also, when it OCR's file does it save it or bring it up in text edit? how is it read? Thanks. Oh! wil this run on a g4?
On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Greg Kearney wrote:

Tesseract and scanimage software

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab