[macvoiceover] Re: Maybe OT, a question.

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:28:53 -0500

Ok got it and thanks.

Travis, you and so many others are so much help to me.  Thank you.

Keith Reedy

On Jan 26, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

On Jan 26, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Ok, I have renamed the GarageBand app GarageBand4 and things seem to open well, would that be all I need to do?

I almost always just upgrade, but, some of the files have taken months to build.

As far as gb is concerned, that should be all that is necessary.
For peace of mind though, I'd recommend backing up all your projects as well, just in case, for some strange reason the new gb garbles them in some way. I've not had this happen with apple programs, but it has happened to me before with other roducts.
I doubt it's necessary, but it never hurts to be overly cautious.
Since you have a time machine capsule, just drop all your gb projects on there somewhere, and you'll be covered in case anything untoward happens, though as mentioned above, the chance of that are pretty slim, apple tends to test their products pretty well.