[macvoiceover] Re: Mail doesn't seem to import new RSS feeds

  • From: Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:20:23 +0200

Hi John and all,
OK, I've experimented some more with this, and it seems that there really is an
issue when importing an RSS feed right from a website. So, here's a workaround
that works, at least for me:
in the Safari preferences, on the RSS tab, the default RSS reader has to be set
to Safari 5.0 rather than Mail 5.0. Then, when clicking on the link for an RSS
feed, it the feed will open in Safari. Then, on that site, there's an area
called "actions". Just after that, when pressing VO + right arrow, there's a
link saying "Subscribe to feed in Mail". When that link is clicked, Mail will
create a new mailbox with the feed contents, just like it used to in SL.
It's kind of annoying to take that extra step in Safari, but it works for the
moment. I assume this is a bug in the Mail client and will file this as such in
Apple's bug reporter.
Thanks for the help!
Robin>