[macvoiceover] Re: Listening to streaming audio on a mac

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 13:00:31 -0500

I don't use bookmarks in itunes, so don't know about the last issue, but I've played streams many times, and had no problems as you describe in your message. This sounds like a serious issue, and should definitely be reported to apple if you haven't done so already. I don't play streams every day like some folks do, but I've played quite a few, and not encountered the issues you describe here, so whatever the problem is, it doesn't appear to be a universal difficulty. You need to try programs like quicktime and real audio to see if they encounter the same problems, if so, then the problem is in the os kernel sound code, if those apps do not encounter the same issues, then it's likely a configuration or itunes specific issue, which will help apple track down the problem, and might lead to a solution for yourself as well.

On Aug 8, 2008, at 7:21 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

The only things I don't like about listening to streams are:
1) after listening you have to do all first aide tasks in disk utility and shut down your computer with the power button then start your computer again in order for iTunes ever to show its screen or play anything again.
2) So far as I know, iTunes cannot yet turn those live streams into
  bookmarks for us yet.