[macvoiceover] Re: Listening to streaming audio on a mac

  • From: Cara Quinn <Cara-Quinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 01:11:47 -0700

Jude, this behavior has never happened on my end. Are you running Tiger or Leopard? I don't recall seeing this sort of thing in Tiger either?… I listen to streams on a regular basis, (am in and out of them all the time while on the computer) and don't need to do anything special at all to get ITunes to work. It just works. :)

  I also have several playlists bookmarking streams.

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Aug 8, 2008, at 5:21 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

The only things I don't like about listening to streams are:
1) after listening you have to do all first aide tasks in disk utility and shut down your computer with the power button then start your computer again in order for iTunes ever to show its screen or play anything again.
2) So far as I know, iTunes cannot yet turn those live streams into
  bookmarks for us yet.

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, Ginny wrote:

This is good to know.  I have fits getting new podcasts to download,
though-especially the ones I've subscribed to via audible.  I have to
manually go fetch them.  Is there some setting I need to enable?

Thanks.

_____