[macvoiceover] Re: Introducing Microsoft Office for Mac 2011.

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:57:09 -0400 (EDT)

Lock the Microsoft staff in a dark room with no monitors and no mice. What's in the room is a computer with a blank hard drive and a Windows installation disk. When they turn the computer on a recording plays giving them the registration key for that copy of windows once then the tape self-destructs. A timer starts running as soon as the door is locked. If they don't manage to install windows and make it talk in 6 hours, the oxygen in the room starts replacing itself with unscented liquid natural gas. That goes on with a live TV feede and nobody is given the location of the room until the staff walks out or doesn't. Under those conditions, I'll bet a year's salary on the gas and not on the Microsoft personnel. I think that's one of the next introductions the World needs as it relates to Microsoft. On Sat, 30 Oct 2010, ashley wrote:

well yes, that's true. However, MSAA has been around since the early 90's, where as voiceover (and it's accessibility frameworks) have been around since 2005. Voiceover, in my opinion, has made more progress than MSAA has, or ever will, considering the amount of MSAA users switching to the apple devices.
ash

Join the all new micro-blogging service!
http://blog160.com
Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Podcast: