[macvoiceover] Re: I must be missing a step

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:52:57 -0500

There are 3 view modes in the finder, icon view, list view, and column view.

Command-1 puts you in icon view, command-2 puts you in list view, and command-3
puts you in column view.

In icon view, to paste an item, command-o on the folder and then paste the item
in with command-v.

In list view and column view, to paste an item, use right arrow to expand the
folder list, then up and down arrows until you find the folder into which you
want to paste the item.  Do not expand this folder.  Paste in the item with
command-v.

Try the different views, and see which one you like the most, as they all have
different behaviors and provide different information.

For example, in icon view, you can arrow and tab through the items, and only
the names and kind are spoken.  To open an item, press command-o.

In list view, you can only use arrow keys, but you get a more verbose view.  In
column view, you can only use arrow keys, but the verbosity is the same as that
in icon view.

In both list and column view, use right arrow to expand folders and left arrow
to collapse them. Command-o is used to open files.

On Mar 7, 2011, at 5:37 PM, Desi Noller wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Today I downloaded a couple of books from the NLS website.  This is only the
> second time I have done so.  The last time I had someone coaching me through
> this.  It has been a few weeks, and I must have forgotten part of the
> process.  I want to play the books on my Victor Reader Stream.  So, I found
> the books in my downloads and expanded their folders, then I copied them to
> the clipboard.  I then inserted my SD card into the card slot on my Mac,
> found the $vrdtb folder where I wanted to paste my books, and pasted them.
> For some reason, they still didn't end up in my $vrdtb folder, but on the
> root of my SD card.  I can't seem to figure out how to get them inside the
> $vrdtb folder!  And, now, because I was playing around with things trying to
> figure this out before I came to the list, I have a bunch of other stuff on
> my SD card that I don't want there!  I seem to be able to select the unwanted
> things, but I can't find an option for deleting them.  If anyone is still
> with me at this point, I would love some assistance with all this!  Thanks in
> advance!
>
> Desi>

Marcy
Hope you're having a nice day!