[macvoiceover] Help with An Update Notification

  • From: JAKE JOEHL <jajoehl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:31:23 -0500

Hi everyone. Just a few minutes ago as I was reading the latest and greatest
issue of “AccessWorld,” I got an update notification. So I went to check the
software updates and there was a button that said simply “Free Upgrade.”
Wondering if this might be Yosemite trying to install itself, I gave the button
a press just to see if there might be more information or a way to stop the
installation. There was a security update—apparently for Mavericks—that needed
to install so I let it do its thing. After a few minutes I went to “About this
Mac” and saw that I was still on Os X version 10.9.5 . But immediately after I
restarted my computer a few minutes ago, it notified me that more software
updates are available and need to be installed. So my question is: is Yosemite
eventually going to install itself? I don’t want it at this time. Tia for any
assistance.
Jake
Please visit me at http://jazzyjj.dreamwidth.org .