[macvoiceover] Fwd: Steve Ballmer calls Apple's Mac growth a "rounding error"

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:45:43 -0400

My apologies for the cross posting and somewhat off topic nature of the post. However, I think this article really speaks volumes as to why Apple and Microsoft are going in opposite directions. The perspective of Ballmer has been MS's biggest problem for years now, and this speech typifies why MS's stock and market share has taken heavy hits in recent months. Make no mistakes, folks. It isn't a give and take deal. Microsoft has been losing market share and stock value consistently for five years now. This is the guy who went on CNN and laughed at the iPhone when it was first released claiming, "No one will buy a $400 cell phone." He hasn't gotten it and Still doesn't get it.

Take Care

John Panarese

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 31, 2009 9:45:00 AM EDT
Subject: Steve Ballmer calls Apple's Mac growth a "rounding error"
Source: AppleInsider

Speaking to a group of market analysts this week, Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer repeatedly mentioned Apple, including a suggestion that a growing rate of Mac adoption is statistically insignificant.
Read more…