[macvoiceover] Fwd: [Audyssey] assistance with sound rts

  • From: The BlindTechs Network <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 04:26:00 -0700

can you all write to this guy in support of w porting his game to the mac. its written in python. please......

Gabe Vega
The BlindTech----tech of all techs
Board of directors Arizona Council of the Blind
Phoenix
602-903-3852
skype theblindtech

Begin forwarded message:

From: SoundMUD <soundmud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 23, 2007 3:01:38 AM MST
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] assistance with sound rts

1. There seems to be a problem with games being widely accepted that
take more than 5 minutes to learn.

In the original Warcraft or Starcraft games, you didn't have to read
the manual to start playing the game. So I will try to build a very
easy and fun step-by-step in-game tutorial, and I will add in-game
random advanced hints. I bet that only half of the players who have
installed the game completed the first tutorial. It would be great if
SoundRTS was "easy to learn and difficult to master".

To improve the number of players, I will do 2 more things:
- port the game to Mac and Linux (it's easy to do because I used only
Python and Pygame);
- add a tool so multi player games are easier to organize.

2. I noticed that some of the sounds aren't playing in version 7, such
as the peasant saying "work complete," and some of the coordinates
aren't given.

The program can only play a limited number of sounds at the same time,
and that's why sometimes some sounds are not played.

3. Control e controls all peasants as it should, but so does control
d, which should only control the idle peasants.

I'm not sure yet for Control D.
For the idle peasants it's Alt E (control next idle peasant), Alt D
(control all local idle peasants) and Control Alt D or E (control all
idle peasants).