[macvoiceover] Frustrated bigtime! Windows XP on the Mac

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgilland1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:15:44 -0400

I was gonna use boot camp to put xp on my macbook and have the best of both worlds, but the last time that I did, I blew my OSX partition totally to high heaven. Oops? Needless to say, reinstalling the O S was in necessity at that point. LOL!

So, I'm considerring using VMware Fusion. the only problem is The newest version of Fusion, I hear is kind a dreadful. I hear that it does work, yes, don't mistake me. The only issue is It's totally bad for you as you have to disable Voiceover entirely in order to get keyboard capture control into your virtual machine that you set up in Fusion. I hear version 2.X was way better, so this leads me basically to my two questions.

1. Seeing VMWare I'm sure isn't supporting nor making! 2.X any longer, will my serial work on the older version, and if so where would I get the older installer?

Second of all, if! the key won't work, now, let me say something up front. Mods? do? not! and I ree? peet! do? not! ban me for asking this. OK? Listen to me! I am not? condoning pyreting copy written software, ok? Trust me, that! is ab, suh, lootly! the last! and I repeat, thee? last! thing I ever! want to do, thank you very much? But could someone maybe send me off list their key and V2.X via dropbox or senspace etc. only! and I repeat! only! if, it be a last? resort! Only! if there is absolutely no? other way that I can still get V2. I'm sorry, I'm just not going to sit here and turn off VO intirely just to use Windows, then have to ree? enable it, just? to get the dumb bunny to let me navigate back and forth. Frankly, I'd be content with just doing Bootcamp, and saying fine, and dandy be happy/done go lucky with it, but seeing I don't have anyone sighted who lives really that cloce to me who knows anything about installing Windows, and seeing the one time we tried doing this, the xp setup showed about 3 or 4 partitions/volumes, don't ask me why, I think one was like 200 meg, I didn't say gigs, I didn't mess up there, I know what I'm saying. I didn't just fall off a turnup truck. It was about 250 megs, so darn small. I dono if that might a been some sort of like a boot m b r partition, or maybe a swap partition, or something that Darwin sits on, etc. but then we had one that was 124 gigs, as I told Bootcamp to give me two partitions. One being 124 and the other the same. Basically split the drive into two partitioned volumes. Well, that's all the setup showed, and neither of those two were labeled Bootcamp. I don't recall what they were labeled, if anything, but I know I asked my sighted friend if she saw one called Bootcamp, and she said no, but the only one she saw was my... in her words... C drive. as if the Mac does drive letters. Yeah flippen, right. God forbid the day they start that nonsense! Anyway, she said the only one that I could go to with a half way suitable allocated size was the 124 gig, as the other one was only the 2 50 megs. So we went down there, and told it to format as ntfs fast.

Yeah, right. uh huh... Wrong? Boom! There went my Snowleopard down the drain! Boot up, nice little chime, followed by the nice message of disk? error! Yaaiy! Mommy! Me bwoke it weel good!

Whoops?

Not? good! So then I haed to run disk utility, wipe the macintosh hd partition, erase the disk, ree? add the dang partition son of a gun, and yea, nice! Reinstall the OS. Nice work, Dawmer! Party a one!

So, does anyone! know how we can get me up and running with this? Is it more suggested to do Fusion? If so, then how're we gonna get around the accessibility issues with the newest release build?

Sort a frustrated, and definitely! perplexed, at best,

Chris.