[macvoiceover] Writing to an FTP server via the finder

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvisionaries <macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:09:35 -0400

Hi folks,

I have a large file I want to share with someone so they gave me the login
information for their ftp server.  I opened up safari, type in the ftp address,
and entered the username and password.  The server was then mounted like a
drive in the finder.  The problem is, I can't write to the server.  Am I doing
something wrong?  If so, can someone tell me the steps I've missed?  If I'm
forced to use an FTP client, is there any accessible ones out there?

TIA.

Ricardo Walker
rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx
Twitter, Skype, and AIM: rwalker296