[macvoiceover] Re: Facebook, Safari and Snow Leopard, tips please?

  • From: Mark BurningHawk Baxter <markbaxter38@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 09:42:54 -0800

I'm not having any problems, and have found a lot of really good shortcuts for
getting around the full site.  I don't want to be overbearing, because I
wouldn't have asked a question only to provide my own answer, but I wonder if a
comprehensive guide might be assembled.  For example, I use the Items Chooser
menu to go to the word "mind," which lands me right in the text box to post to
my wall, or for "status," to go to that section; for some odd reason, when
using VO right arrows to read through the page in linear fashion, this whole
section just does not get read; in fact, my VO cursor seems to hang oh my own
home link and won't move unless I move by headings, and even then, the status
section just get left behind.  One neat thing about moving by headings is that
all my friends' activities are under heading level 6, so I can hit the main
highlights of each by moving by headings, and using arrows to read through the
lists.  (SO many LISTS!!!)  A VO shift-space mouse click will pick a thing out
of a drop-down list.  I still cannot find this "gear menu," that lets you throw
sheep and poke people and so on; apparently it's a pure graphic that VO just
denies.  I suppose that's rather frivolous, anyway; for the ost part, I've
found work-arounds and wanted to compare.

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
 • AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
 • MSN:  BurningHawk1969@xxxxxxxxxxx
 • My home page:
 • http://MarkBurningHawk.net/