[macvoiceover] Re: FW: [Webwatch] Interesting Blog Post on Macintosh Web Browsing Accessibility

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:16:35 -0400

This is a fantastic article. What I liked is that the writer really made a point of simply sharing the state of FireFox accessibillity and what would have to happen to make it work with voiceover. he brought up many interesting points and valid ones as well. This is worth everyone's time to take and read.

On Aug 28, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Neal Ewers wrote:

Hi All, I hope this has not already been posted, and I hope Kelly doesn't mind my sharing this with you.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kelly Ford" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 27, 2008 11:23:08 PM CDT
To: <webwatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Webwatch] Interesting Blog Post on Macintosh Web Browsing Accessibility Reply-To: Discuss web accessibility and use <webwatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,
Aaron Leventhal, someone for whom I have immense respect and who has been instrumental in Firefox and ARIA accessibility among other things, has an interesting blog post talking about how to improve Firefox access on the Macintosh. The article is worth a read, even if you have no interest in Mac accessibility for some of the experiences and insights Aaron shares on how accessibility happens. You can read the article athttp://accessgarage.wordpress.com/2008/08/21/firefox-and-os-xs-voiceover-reading-the-magic-8-ball/ .
Thanks,
Kelly

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab