[macvoiceover] Re: Documents And Tables

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 19:29:41 +0100

Yes! i have this problem all the time in school. Tbh I wish they'd fix it!
ash

Website:
http://www.ashleycox.co.uk
Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/ashleycox2
Blog:
http://daysofthegeek.blogspot.com

On 06/04/2011 19:17, Dean Wilcox wrote:
Hi,
Here is something I don't see discussed often, and when it comes up it is
brushed over but is a really big issue for me.

Many documents I receive, often word documents have information displayed in
tables.  In Pages these show as something like paragraph spacers, in Nisus
Writer VO just says imbedded.  I always end up back in Windows and Office 2010
to edit or obtain information from these documents.

Also, still related to reading documents, has anyone noticed how VO doesn't appear
to read bullet points in Pages but does in Nisus Writer?  The kind of bullet isn't
read like in Office under Windows with a screen reader like JAWS but a positive
observation from trying out Nisus Writer. I also find it strange how a document
can show as black on white in Windows and show as black on black to VO.  To me
that would make it unreadable but scans fine, oh well, that's another thing for
another day!>