[macvoiceover] Re: Apple Announces iPhone OS 4.0 Event for 08/April/2010-- The Mac-cessibility Network - News [Lioncourt.com]

  • From: Olivia Norman <olivianorman@xxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:05:58 -0400

Yes, other companies are doing it.  It's really funny, I'm doing a group
project for school and everyone is sending messages from their various devices.
 I'm the only group member with an iPhone.  Everyone else has Verizon wireless
blackBerry's.  It's certainly an easy way to tell what companies people like. I
really don't mind apple's marketing, as stated, I like the world to know how
much I love and use apple products, so it's fine with me.
On Apr 6, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Laura wrote:

> Haha. It really annoys me, too, and it was the first thing I deleted when I
> started messing around with settings. But I don't think it's just an Apple
> thing--blackberries do it, as well, and if they're both doing it, I guess
> other companies are.
>
> On 6 Apr 2010, at 13:52, Bryan Smart wrote:
>
>> Coincidentally, why do iPhones and iPads always throw that "Sent from my
>> iPhone/iPad" remark in there? I could write "Sent from my Nokia E71", or
>> "Sent from my MacBook Pro"., but who cares what device I'm reading mail with?
>>
>> I think its shameless and very noobish for Apple to put that in there by
>> default. Be prepared to see posts all the time with "Sent from my iPad". I
>> think that it will soon become a kind of kick me sign.
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>> Sent from my MacBook, with Microsoft Outlook, over Charter Internet. lol

"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower", Steve Jobs