[mac4theblind] Re: thinking of upgrading my mbp to 8 gigs but how?

  • From: Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 07:08:56 -0400

Depends where in the country you are but find a local store who you can work
with, buy the memory through them and have them swap it out.

That or buy the memory on crucial and look on craigslist for in home repairs or
again find a story and bring them the memory and pay a higher fee.  Either way,
there are several options again specifically depending on where in the country
you ive.

Thanks
Scott

On Apr 20, 2013, at 6:17 AM, Sarah k Alawami
<marrie12@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hello to all. I'm thinking of upgrading my late 2009  model mac book pro to 8
gigs instead of the 4 it came with.  How can I do this if apple charges an
arm, a leg, and one of my teeth for this? I could get memory from crucial, but
I am a klutz at installing anything hard ware wise and I don't feel comfortable
doing it myself. Is there a place like geek squad that will do it in the us for
a bit cheaper if I buy the ram my self from a third party vender like crucial?
I don't really trust anyone at my college to do it. Heha. There was a place
when I looked that had a 24 hour turn around time, how ever when I clicked on
the link it took me to hp's website so apparently that service is gone now.

Take care all and be blessed.

Sarah Alawami.
msn and aim: marrie12@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
skype: marrie1 (let me know where you know me from)

twitter: http://twitter.com/marrie1

podcast/blog: http://tffppodcast.com<http://tffppodcast.com/>
podcast twitter: http://twitter.com/tffppodcast

youtube channel: http://youtube.com/marrie125