[mac4theblind] Re: odd things happening with mail

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 20:17:13 -0400

On Apr 8, 2013, at 2:11 PM, John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Would it cause too much trouble just to trash your Mail settings and start
over from scratch?  It's not easy, but you can also check your Mail preferences
in the ~/library/mail/v2/ folder for the specific account and trash anything
that references it.  Also, make sure the account is removed from the Mail,
Contacts and Calendar preferences from the Internet Accounts list.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION

On Apr 8, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok. this is going to be an odd one. I for some reason today have been having
> mail go out through my university account even though it's disabled under my
> mail prefs both for sending and receiving mail. I removed that account and
> all seems well now, I hope, how ever once I add that account I dunno how to
> solve this one. I googled but all I got was a forum post on apple's support
> community bashing apple. lol! Not what I wanted to read.  Anyways if this
> gets through the list can someone please to the 4th power tell me how to fix
> this? I don't want to miss anything from my university and I want to have
> things back to the way they were yesterday when this did not happen wherein I
> could enable the account, send a message, disable the account and have the
> messages and inbox and sent for that matter go die.  and I would be able to
> send from my default account, period! I don't want to get in to any trouble
> by my university so I'm trying to clear this up as quickly as I can.
>
> Thanks all and be blessed. and I hope this goes through.************

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time