[mac4theblind] Re: networking question

  • From: Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 08:27:31 -0700

You need to enable SMb under file sharing in system prefs, sharing.

1. go to the doc
2. Launch system prefs
3. tab in to the list
4. start typing the word sharing, and once you hear that press space
5. vo cmd t to the table and interact.
6. go to the second column and vo down arrow to file sharing.
7. check the box.
8. Stop interacting with the table and go to the option in this section
9. Enable smb.

You can now close the system prefs if you don't see an ok button. this will now
enable you to see your shared folders on your windows computer.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to the tffp podcast. For more info go to our website:
http://tffppodcast.com
and for stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go to
http://tffppodcast.com/premium

On Jun 15, 2015, at 6:20 AM, Terrence Sanders <sanders.terrence@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello listers,

I am a new macbook pro user. While trying to get my mbp to show up on my
home network, I have discovered that in the sharing section of system
preferences the windows account with my name is dimmed and can not be
clicked. Yes, I have folders shared and yes, I have file sharing clicked.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get my mbp to be shared on the
network I sure would appreciate it. I would like to transfer files from my
windows pc. Thanks in advance.

Terry