[mac4theblind] Re: app question

  • From: Jonathan Mosen <jmosen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 06:43:27 +1300

Yes it is. If you Google, there are instructions on how to set up accounts in
stores that are not local to your country. I have one for the US and UK and the
process works well.

In most stores, you're limited to free apps unless you can talk to someone
local who can top you up. But since the US store allows you to buy online gift
certificates, it's a little easier to get paid apps and other content there.
Places like eBay can sometimes be used to get iTunes gift certificate codes,
but a bit of caution is a good idea there, check feedback ratings.

Jonathan