[mac4theblind] a scripting question

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mack for the blind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 20:50:01 -0700

Ok I'm very close and I"I'm very lazy so I try and script things to get things
done.

I'm trying to open a file in my documents folder but theres a sub folder.

Here is the error I get.

Can’t get "~" whose name = "tcjwb.band".

Here is the script.

tell application "Finder"
        open (the first file in "~/Documents/gb files" whose name is
"tcjwb.band")
end tell
delay 5

tell application "LineIn"
        activate
end tell

the second half of the script works after the delay but I can't get the finder
to open that cursed file lol!

I know the fix is simple but I'm tired and can't think straight. lol!

I know I'm close. I can feel it.

thanks.

Sarah Alawami

If you  need an edit  done on a small project go to
http://music.marrie.org/master.html for more info. If you need to contact me my
info is below.

MSN and AIM: marrie12@xxxxxxxxx

website: http://music.marrie.org