[mac4theblind] Re: VoiceOver

  • From: Daniel McGee <venables134@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 22:18:30 +0100

Hi, yes Tiger should have voiceover built in. Just as a side note though this
was 10.4and it was the 1st OSX that voiceover was born on! Also it probably
won't be supported thus you won't get any new Mac updates for it. Of course I
could be wrong though but like you said it is 6 years old and voiceover has
come along way since then. With all this said though its handy if you just want
to get use to the system. Like I said though, if you are or your friend is
thinking about using it seriously then I would highly recommend getting it
updated. If its an Intel mac all should be good if its one of the older
generations e.g G4 or G5, then I think someone can correct me on this because I
don't actually know the correct information but I think it goes up to leopard.

Just some thoughts Hope they helped! and happy exploring!

Daniel