[mac4theblind] Re: VoiceOver

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:17:21 +0100

When I played with a friend's Macbook running Tiger he told me sometimes you have to press command-FN-F5. it's something to do with how Mac OSX is configured in regards to how the function keys operate, whether to control hardware or software features.

Christopher Hallsworth

On 07/06/2012 17:20, Lena Contreras wrote:
Hi
I have a friend who has ordered a MacBook Air.  One of her friends has an old
MacBook, maybe a Pro but not sure, and she was trying to start VoiceOver
running so she could play around with it before her computer arrives.  She
tried the, command f5, keys to start VO but nothing happened.  The computer is
around 6 years old and running Tiger.  Does Tiger have VO support or could it
be some other issue?  Her friend is not a geek and knows nothing about VO or
much about his Mac for that matter.  Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Lena