[mac4theblind] Re: Using audio book maker

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 18:46:44 -0400

Hi Kim,
    Basically, I try to make sure the files for the book are either in one
folder or similar folders.  Then, after starting Audio Book Builder, I choose a
New Creation.  I enter the title and author info.  Then, I select the radio
button for chapters and add the files one by one.  I make sure the table shows
them in the proper order.
Lastly, I choose the, Final, button and compile the audio book.  I do
manipulate the default settings for the audio file, but that is your choice.
Depending on the number of files, the process can take between a few minutes to
twenty or a half hour.

    When the book is completed, you should find it in the same folder as the
individual files.  It is, by default, a M4B protected file.

   In iTunes, look in the Book area and choose the Audio Books option.  You
should find the book in the grid of books if you have more than one listed.  As
I said, I've created several books up to this point.  I'm still not happy with
the completed file, but I'm working on that.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION