[mac4theblind] Re: USB Phone Inquiry

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 20:19:57 -0500

I've never seen an usb phone.  I don't know if you can do this with the mac but
if you do have two audio output devices that are supported, vo will support
using one for it and the other for all other audio..

On Jan 3, 2013, at 4:47 PM, Angus MacKinnon <vigmo1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a very old Web Cam. So old that  MountainLion will not recognize it. I
got to thinking. I have an old uSB Phone and a 1394A port. Is their a USSB
Phone with a camera to do FaceTime and/or Skype and uses a 1394A port? Could I
use this phone as a USB sound card for my screen reader (NVDA and Voice Over)?
What about using a headset with my screen reader?

Angus MacKinnon
MacKinnon Chrest Saying
Latin - Audentes Fortuna Juvat
English - Fortune Assists The Daring
Creating a Better Universe for the future.

with his
Hands-On Technologeye(s)
touching the internet
Reducing technologys' disabilities