[mac4theblind] Re: Looking at the new skype for ios

  • From: David hilbert poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 22:35:54 -0400

I had a good income from the job for a while but he did not include retirement
benefits and all my equipment was stolen I was fortunate to have had a good
income from work I was doing for quite some time but it did not

Jonnie Appleseed
With  his HandsonTechnolog(eye)s
Touching the Internet
Reducing technology's disabilities
one byte at a time

On Jun 16, 2014, at 16:07, Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh don’t be sorry I feel extremely lucky and extremely blessed to have a good
income.  I realize that’s not trivial at all for many in our position so I
didn’t mean to make light of that.
   Years ago when I was in school and such there was funding available from the
states for adaptive equipment.  I’m not sure if this funding still exists.  I
personally haven’t looked in to it for years because I wouldn’t feel right
taking funding that could be better spent on someone who doesn’t have an income
stream.  It was one thing when my family was poor and we didn’t have the funds
for the over priced gear they sell us but now I do well and wouldn’t want to
take the funding and deprive someone else who needs it.  I suspect, if it
exists at all any more it’s pretty limited do to budget cuts and the like.
   I know a lot of people buy gear but I suspect today it’s more out of pocket
than at previous times.